^

Twilight Clutch-Sister
This pet can have the following breeds:

Breed Health Speed Power
PB 1465 273 289
SB 1465 289 273
PS 1400 289 289

Breeds marked in red are not suited for this strategy.

=273

=289

Substitutes:

Note: You have selected a substitute pet.
The strategy might fail if you use it with this pet instead of the one the strategy creator intended.

The substitute finder looks for these criteria in relation to the original pet:
  • Same family
  • Has the required skills
  • Has the required stats (if specified)
  • Ignores specific breed requirements for the main pet, as breeds can be very different for substitutes

1 / 2

Strategy created by Henry

Breed
At least one of the pets for this strategy require the use of a specific breed.
This strategy has been built to be as fast as possible.
The strategy takes a while. Sit back, get yourself a warm drink and relax the scenery.
Not every strategy can be bullet proof. This is one of them. You might have to restart it, since there are some random elements that increase the risk of your pets failing. Don't blame them, please!
You want a strategy that does the job in one shot? This might be the one for you!
Some instructions are more difficult to follow than others. That's exactly what you might find in this strategy!
Turn 1 Pass
Abandon the fight and restart *without healing*
Turn 1 Pass (with your injured Nether Faerie Dragon) - your Nightmare Whelpling is forced in
Turn 2 Swap to your Twilight Clutch-Sister

Bless you!

4 Alternatives

23 Comments (EN)

Show first:

Aeriyn#2781

wrote on 07/14/2018

Thankyou SoooOOooOoo much to Istalri @ wowhead, reposting his post. Worked on my first try, after x50 tries with other strats.

Dragon Team 4 wins, 2 losses of 6 battles
NOTE: As far as I can tell, there is no replacement for the Nightmare Whelp. This strat requires the stacking healing debuff making Round 11s heal always equal 0.
Nether Faerie Dragon H/P (Life Exchange)
Nightmare Whelpling H/P (Call Darkness, Nightmare)
Chrominius H/H (Bite, Howl, Surge of Power)

R1) Nether Faerie Dragon Pass*
R2) Nether Faerie Dragon Swap to
R3) Nether Faerie Dragon Life Exchange
R4) Nether Faerie Dragon Pass*
R5) Chrominus Bite
R6) Chrominus Howl
R7) Nether Faerie Dragon Swap to*
R8) Nightmare Whelpling Call Darkness
R9) Nightmare Whelpling Nightmare (If Whelp dies, battle will be a loss)
R10) Nightmare Whelpling Pass*
R11) Chrominus Howl
R12) Chrominus Surge of Power

Aeriyn#2781

wrote on 07/14/2018

Note: I used Sprite Darter Hatchling instead of nether faerie dragon.

Kimberleigh wrote on 07/13/2018

Took a few tries but eventually worked.

Xweaz

wrote on 05/28/2018

Completely broken. If I wanted to throw my time away with 100% RNG gamble I'd go a casino. I think it's time we take back some money from Blizz.......

BILLMURRAY#1875

wrote on 07/05/2018

It works ok, the only RNG is wether nightmare whelp will get nightmare off before it dies, because flank has an inherent RNG of 1-2 hits. Where's your strategy? This one is probably the hardest of them all, aside from magic pets vs Corrupted Blood of Argus. You're just a little bitch who cries when ever some a little bit of RNG comes into play. Spoiler alert retard: there's not a single argus battle for the Family Familiar achievement that wont throw a little RNG at you now and again. I've seen you gripe about almost all of them up and down these comment sections. Do everyone a favor and get lost.

Telepatra

wrote on 05/24/2018

Okay, hi hi, today I tried this after reading all the comments and eyeballing the strats, and took my best shot. Here's how I won it on my 2nd try:

nether faerie dragon S/B 122
nightmare whelpling H/P 211
twilight clutch sister S/B (273 power, 289 speed, 1465 HP) 122

Follow strat 1 exactly until step 11, then do step 12 THEN step 11.

IDK if I got a lucky crit, or what, but I'll take the W

dsfdsfsd wrote on 04/27/2018

Litterally the worst stra I've seen this year, if his last pet swap didnt miss for once he kills my last pet before i can finish it. Just the most RNG you could possibly add. Thanks.

Anonymous wrote on 04/20/2018

Didn't have a Twilight clutch sister, and the yu'la/nether faerie dragon strat didn't work for me after multiple attempts. So I found a comment on Wowhead from a user named Istalri whose strategy worked perfectly on the first attempt. I'll copy/paste it here for people who are like me and can't get other strats to work. Please note that this strategy requires a lot of manual switching, so read carefully!

Pet 1: Nether Faerie Dragon (H/P breed) w/ Life Exchange
Pet 2: Chrominius w/ Bite, Howl, Surge of Power
Pet 3: Nightmare Whelpling w/ Call Darkness and Nightmare (to reduce healing received by Snozz to 100%!)

An asterisk (*) denotes where Snozz uses Nether Gate to swap your pets.

R1) Nether Faerie Dragon Pass*
R2) Nether Faerie Dragon Swap to
R3) Nether Faerie Dragon Life Exchange
R4) Nether Faerie Dragon Pass*
R5) Chrominus Bite
R6) Chrominus Howl
R7) Nether Faerie Dragon Swap to*
R8) Nightmare Whelpling Call Darkness
R9) Nightmare Whelpling Nightmare (If Whelp dies, battle will be a loss)
R10) Nightmare Whelpling Pass*
R11) Chrominus Howl
R12) Chrominus Surge of Power

Drakuul

wrote on 05/02/2018

Tried this strat multiple times and it doesnt work its rng based crap fight

TopsyTourny

wrote on 06/13/2018

This one worked for me...thank you so much!

Kathleene

wrote on 04/10/2018

This strategy worked very well for me on the first try. As others have already noted, my Twilight Clutch-Sister is an S/B which doesn't meet the specifications, but everything still worked just as detailed. The Pass-Restart was definitely a different strategy that I haven't encountered before. It did work, tho, and that's what counts. Thanks, Henry & XuFu.

Kittenhawk

wrote on 03/15/2018

Please persevere with this strategy! I got there eventually after 10 tries :)

Katan

wrote on 03/31/2018

Awesome! First Battle was a success with this strategy!

Nouveau wrote on 01/07/2018

The original team worked perfectly after 3 tries. :) Thank-you!

MichaelJ

wrote on 12/25/2017

Worked!
Nether Faerie Dragon (S/S)
Nightmare Whelpling (H/P)
Twilight Clutch-Sister (S/B)

nogulpfrog

wrote on 12/09/2017

75% rate Strategy, very few RNG is need

Chrominius1 (bite+howl+surge of power)
Twilight Clutch-Sister PB or SB ( Tail Sweep+ Prismatic Barrier+ Twilight Meteorite)
injured Chrominius2 (health less than Twilight Clutch-Sister ,1401-1465 the best)

1.Chrominius1 pass,your Twilight Clutch-Sister is forced in
2.Prismatic Barrier
3.swap Chrominius1
4.pass
5.howl
6.bite
7.pass,your Chrominius1 died,your Twilight Clutch-Sister is forced in
8.Twilight Meteorite
9.Tail Sweep(need a few RNG)
10.pass,your Twilight Clutch-Sister died,your injured Chrominius2 is forced in
11.howl
12.bite
13.surge of power,finish

Nerdlyness wrote on 12/09/2017

This strat worked perfectly! Thank you!!

Jeack

wrote on 12/10/2017

Jesus thank you - a strat not requiring 100kg in AH pets...I'll be giving this one a try!

Henry#1930

wrote on 12/10/2017

Great job. Me ... bow. Not sure if its a 75% success rate overall (not including crits). Probably closer to .75*.75 = 56% (which is actually a very similar roll to the current strategy provided)
For your Twilight Sister to survive 2 rounds of flanks, that is 75% and for your 2nd Chrominius to survive 2 rounds of flanks , that's also 75%. Nonetheless, great job!

nogulpfrog

wrote on 12/10/2017

You appear to be mistaken,2nd Chrominius is attacked with 1 flank and 1 Nether Gate,,,,not 2 flanks. IF my 2nd Chrominius health more than 1401,it can survive 100%.

Jeack

wrote on 12/10/2017

Let me add some supporting material for this one. It's a great strat but can be time consuming because your 2nd chrominius needs to be in a specific hp range, and the fight can fail a lot due to crits.

Use a Stinker w/ Bleat (skunk may work too), your 2nd chrominius, and 1 other pet not used for this boss fight.

Pet bandage>engage a random wild pet>forfeit>engage again>forfeit>engage a 3rd time>use Bleat>forfeit. This should get your chrominius #2 to the 1401-1465 range needed. There are pets just north of Snozz (near Bucky) that are easy to use for this.

For the fight itself: if your TCS or 2nd chrominius gets crit'ed you will fail. Just forfeit and restart. Your TCS MUST land the tail sweep in step 9.

Thanks for the great strat - this was the last one I needed, and so happy to be done!

TylerDurden wrote on 12/14/2017

Did this strat to perfection and still lost. Snooz had 100+ health or so and this was after hitting him with a Surge and Dragonkin buff both on.

nogulpfrog

wrote on 12/14/2017

The reason i guess. ...Your TCS dead at the round 9? OR,you use Tail Sweep instead of Twilight Meteorite at the round 8 ?

TheEducator#11115

wrote on 12/22/2017

This one worked for me. The time it didn't was when he got in an extra hit against my TCS.

I don't know why this isn't one of the main strategies above since every single one of the suggested strategies requires rare pets that cost tens of thousands of gold on the auction house. Not what I expect from strategies on this site.

Zip wrote on 01/02/2018

Thank you!

Ciarlyn

wrote on 03/01/2018

Literally made an account to thank you for this strat. Was the last (and WORST) fight I needed, got my Family Fighter. Thanks!

Gosh wrote on 03/08/2018

Holy hell @nogulpfrog
THANK YOU! Thank you so much... i tried so bad to get the correct breeds and had around 50 tries before I saw your post.
I won first try and am really thankful^^

Fehlmith-Llane wrote on 03/11/2018

Worked perfectly first time. Used a lvl 20 Chrominius. Won the fight with 775/1335 to spare.

Sonatine wrote on 05/25/2018

Thanks a lot !!! Very good strat !

tiranow wrote on 06/13/2018

93 fricking bandages and satans own mocking rng but finally two misses by snozz in the dark and a crit killed it with my whelpling.... thank you so much for this

kappen

wrote on 06/18/2018

/ cheer @ nogulpfrog! Thank you for this strat and Jeack for the added material. It took 3 tries but this worked great. I noticed that my TCS had just over 900 health after step 8 which allowed a tail sweep. That was all it took. Chrominius #2 finished Snozz off.

sirjbags

wrote on 07/02/2018

Thanks for this strat. This fight was the last one to complete the meta and I wasn't looking forward to buying any of the valuable dragons in the other strategies.

Skuzzee wrote on 12/06/2017

This isn't working for me. My nether faerie dragon gets swapped in before the clutch sister at the end unless there's some rng in my favour. The one time it did gets swapped in instead, I got snozz to 3 hp...........I nearly smashed my keyboard up at that point. Is there a different breed nether faerie dragon?

Mzmayhem wrote on 04/23/2018

My Nether faerie dragon is an H/P. I started the fight, and conceded twice without healing to finally get this strat to work. If you're having your dragon switched in when it should be your clutch sister, try adding another round of pass/concede/start without healing.

irthinker

wrote on 12/04/2017

As far as I can tell, only the P/B Twilight Clutch Sister can have the stats stated in the strategy, so maybe just require P/B breed as that is easier to understand.

Jyll

wrote on 11/21/2017

Had to repeatedly retry this due to Nightmare missing or my dragons getting crit and killed. Very frustrating, but finally worked. Glad I don't have to do this ever again.

Ziast#1425

wrote on 11/18/2017

Managed to get mine using Yu'la(1,2,2),Nightmare Whelpling(2,1,1), Twilight Clutch-sister(1,2,2). Got lucky with some misses, but finished with all my pets still alive. My Clutch-Sister was s/p so the stats weren't working.

Similiar strat the above. Instead of cyclone, Yu'la used Celestial Blessing. When whelp swapped in, he got the dmg reduction and survived long enough to do some decent damage.

kaf wrote on 12/13/2017

thank you, this was the one that finally worked!

Lockturnal wrote on 12/26/2017

Would have been nice if you said WHAT the strat is you used. "Similiar strat the above" well who the hell knows WHICH strat you are talking about. If you make a post put the strat also, thanks!

KarenJones wrote on 11/18/2017

I don't have the Nightmare Whelpling or Twilight Clutch-sister. I have tried so many combinations with other dragons. This is my last fight for Snozz. Anyone have any other ideas?

Paul wrote on 11/15/2017

An unusual and clever strat, my twighlight clutch sister had the right breed and it worked first time, thanks

Mags wrote on 10/28/2017

Worked awesome! Thank you!

Beace wrote on 10/21/2017

I kept failing on round 10, because NFD was switched in instead of TCS. Possibly because of different breeds, I'm not sure. I was able to solve it by abandoning the fight twice instead of once. This insures that NFD will have lower health than TCS on round 10.

Also, the Tail Sweep on round 10 never hits.

Henry Chan wrote on 10/21/2017

That works ... abandoning twice and thus a more injured NFD. Re: Round 10 missing. That's normal. You can also pass on Round 10, but there is a small chance (10%) that Snozz will miss due to darkness ... therefore its better to try a Tail Sweep rather than pass.

Fashaw wrote on 10/21/2017

OMG. This worked for me. After over 200 tries this strat worked. Thanks.

Empy3 wrote on 01/05/2018

This needs to be upvoted more. My Twilight Clutch Sister is P/S, and I could not get the strategy to work as written with it. The second restart made all the difference in the world, and the strategy worked on my first try that way. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I don't have the right dragons for any of the other strategies, and spent more than 2 hours last night trying (and repeatedly failing) to come up with my own. So glad to have this done and over with.

Nemy

wrote on 01/12/2018

Yes this!! Failed a few times because I died before nightmare, but when I got past that I won with a P/S Twilight Clutch Sister.

Gráinne

wrote on 10/14/2017

Fiendishly clever! Well done. Gotta love a strat that makes you forfeit and restart to deliberately lose health. :)

I can see how there must be some RNG here, with Flank's 2- or 3- hit chance, as well as crits, but this worked for me first time just now with
P/P NFD
H/P Nightmare Whelpling
P/B Twilight Clutch-Sister

suutar wrote on 10/12/2017

worked second try. Thanks!

Frosty wrote on 10/07/2017

Having issue with all the strategies
After having nether fairie dragon restart as injured, Twilight Clutch-Sister (I use PB and also tried PS breed), it does not swap to Twilight Clutch-Sister. It auto swap to Nightmare Whelping.
Then immediately it does it crit healing and when i swap back to nether fairie, it automatically does 420 X 2 time.

It has been happening for last 100 attempts in the last 2 hours for me.

Henry Chan wrote on 10/07/2017

Make sure your line up is:
Nether Faerie Dragon, Twilight Clutch-Sister, Nightmare Whelping
NOT
Nether Faerie Dragon, Nightmare Whelping, Twilight Clutch-Sister

Kitty wrote on 10/07/2017

It doesn't matter which way you line them up, the Nightmare Whelpling gets swapped in.

Vlaflip wrote on 10/08/2017

Correct, this doesn't work for me either

Henry Chan wrote on 10/09/2017

You are correct, there is a step missing
Step1.5 should be swap to Twilight Clutch-Sister

Nether Faerie Dragon (Slicing Wind, Life Exchange, Cyclone)
Nightmare Whelpling (Tail Sweep, Call Darkness, Nightmare)
Twillight Clutch-Sister (Tail Sweep, Prismatic Barrier, Twilight Metorite) - 289 power/273 speed

Start with an Nether Faerie Dragon
1) Pass (on Nether Faerie Dragon)
Forfeit but do NOT bandage

Nether Faerie Dragon - (injured to start with) - pass
Nightmare Whelpling - Swap to Twillight Clutch-Sister
Twillight Clutch-Sister - Prismatic Barrier
Swap to Nether Faerie Dragon
Nether Faerie Dragon - Cyclone
Nether Faerie Dragon - Life Exchange
Nether Faerie Dragon - Pass
Nightmare Whelpling - Call Darkness
Nightmare Whelpling - Nightmare (woot - we gimped Snozz's healing 100%!!)
Nightmare Whelpling - Tail Sweep (if applicable)
Twillight Clutch-Sister - Tail Sweep
Twillight Clutch-Sister - Twilight Metorite

Crossbones wrote on 10/10/2017

Worked for me, thanks.

Philaetia wrote on 10/12/2017

worked second try thank you!

Ttaka wrote on 10/12/2017

Only worked cause his last Void Gate missed. Fuck this fight.

Ananda wrote on 10/15/2017

Thanks so much for this, Henry. I wasted an entire afternoon failing to win using the options for pets I already had and, in the end, bought a clutch-sister & used an 'instant 25' stone on that and my nightmare whelpling. Too late I noticed my clutch-sister was S/P not P/S but I still won first time with only my whelpling dead :)

tess wrote on 10/20/2017

perfect as usual Henry ty

Comanu wrote on 10/20/2017

had to try this 8x but finally worked, all other strats failed for me, tried over 30+ total times with other strats .... so glad this fight is over

Kwantum

wrote on 11/04/2017

Thx Henry. this is Puuurfect!

Hogri

wrote on 11/05/2017

After almost despairing due to RNG I bought a Nightmare Whelpling and leveled it. First try! Thank you so much!