^

The Celestial Tournament

Welcome to Xu-Fu's Celestial Tournament guide!

The Celestial Tournament is a special event and by most seen as the pinnacle of pet battle challenges. You can do it once a week and inside, you will face three pet battle masters, followed by the four Celestials to fight against. The three masters change every week and there's a total of three sets of them rotating through.
Doesn't sound that hard, but what makes it tricky is that once you're in, you cannot heal your pets anymore! That makes planning ahead very important, and this is where Xu-Fu comes in with the Celestial Tournament Planner.

WARNING

The Celestial Tournament planner was created years ago and not updated to support the newer features of Xu-Fu's, such as required breeds, additional strategies, family specific pets, new Rematch format etc.
You can try to still use it, but chances are high that it will error out at some point in the process.
Due to its age, this tool will not be updated. I will replace it with a new dungeon helper tool eventually. Sorry for the trouble!

Start the Tournament Planner

Or if you've already gone through the planner before and noted down your Planner ID, punch it in here to go to your personal strategies:

Below you will find a list of pets that are suitable to beat the Celestial Tournament. You do not necessarily need those pets, but with them you can use the first alternative listed here on every fight:

Name

< <

> >

37 Comments (EN)

Show first:

JestersTear

wrote on 10/25/2018

You need 2 Scourged Whelplings, 2 Anubisath Idol and 2 Darkmoon Tonks to use this strategy guide.

NIteowl1970

wrote on 09/24/2018

Any updates on the blank page at the end of setting up the planner? I add all of my options, then get a page with some instructions and an edit button, but no list of pets

Aranesh

wrote on 09/24/2018

I'm afraid not. I have very little time to work on Xu-Fu right now and still a whole bunch of smaller fixes to go through before I can focus on another bigger feature like the dungeon guides, sorry.

NIteowl1970

wrote on 09/25/2018

With the kind of quality work that you put into this planner, I would love to see what your doing as a dungeon guide. Is that published? If so, where can I see it?

Aranesh

wrote on 09/25/2018

So far it's only a concept in my head :S
I use this devlog to keep track of all my tasks and such, if you're curious about what's upcoming and what I'm working on:
It's a lot of text though ^^

FeminaForte

wrote on 08/24/2018

I am so sad, the planner is broken and I have lost my teams from rematch with the new patch. My backup is also broken.

I can't make new teams with the planner, or check out individual strats.

Do you think it will be possible to fix your fantastic planner again?

FeminaForte

wrote on 08/24/2018

After reloading and sweet talking the planner for a while I got access to the individual strats.
You saved my bacon again, thank you.

Asura#21981

wrote on 08/03/2018

is it still working? seems broken for me, can't go anywhere from there on

Aranesh

wrote on 08/04/2018

Hey! I just tested the planner and it was working fine for me :-)
Are you using an old planner ID perhaps? That might be the reason for it. Worst case you might have to do the planning part again :/ Sorry about that

Fortifeyed wrote on 08/04/2018

I'm having same issue. Tried to access my strategies on both explorer and safari, both browsers return the same screen.

Tater#1754

wrote on 08/05/2018

I'm having the same problem. Went through planning and my overview page just has a button to edit setup.

Liady

wrote on 08/06/2018

I am also having the same issue. I just went thru the planning phase and get the same screen as show above once i try to get to the overview. I am using chrome (is this the wrong browser?). I'm willing to accept user error, but would love a shove in the correct direction. Thanks for all your hard work and effort, this site has been very helpful with so many of my battles up to the celestial tournament.

TerakRall wrote on 08/07/2018

Same exact problem! Glad it's not just me.

Aranesh

wrote on 08/07/2018

Definitely not a user problem. It's a bug in the page :/ And one that eludes me so far. Sorry for the trouble - best check the strats individually for now

Tanda#2819

wrote on 06/06/2018

For some reason, even when I updated my pets' collection everywhere here, this planner is still showing I"m missing Darkmoon Tonk, which I have for a long time on lvl 25. Planner however marks is as "Missing"

Aranesh

wrote on 08/04/2018

Is it perhaps required 2 times in the same strategy? That's most often the case when this happens

Proshvam

wrote on 06/03/2018

On the main Celestial Tournament dungeon page, is there a way for the list of your pets compared to what is needed to show what specific breed of that pet is needed, if it calls for it in the strategies? I'm not sure how plausible it is, but I know one of the zandalari pets needed Speed and mine did not have it unfortunately.

I'm using the list as a guide to what I need to obtain/level up still and think it would be a nice addition, if possible. Thanks for all you do!

Aranesh

wrote on 06/03/2018

Hey!

Unfortunately this tool is way older than the newer parts of the page, which include breed requirements and such. It will be a larger undertaking to update the celestial tournament and right now my focus is on getting ready for the next addon. Meaning, it will probably not happen anytime soon, sorry :/

Zamaza

wrote on 05/16/2018

Celestial tournament planner stopped working for me this week. I am getting errors like Warning: mysqli_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli_result, boolean given in /kunden/426045_85652/webseiten/Petguide/classes/ct.php on line 2464

Zamaza

wrote on 05/17/2018

Fixed now!

Tullemus

wrote on 02/16/2018

Alternative 3 was a fail - my ankleender died before it could start the fight - guess it needs to be faster than Xu-Fu - this rendered this option a total fail as all these pets got killed. Devised another setup With:

Darkmoon Zeppelin 222 - decoy, flyby, explode - zepp dies
Ikky 111 - Black claw, flock - ikky dies
Stonegrinder 121 - Scrreching gears finished off Xu-Fu

Les3007

wrote on 01/17/2018

Hi there, I'm new to the site which looks great btw, and can't wait to start building a team for the Celestial Tournament, and though it's probably obvious, I can't find which actual breeds to use in the lists of pets you suggest, I've got lots of the listed pets but some are low level & don't really want to spend time levelling the ones which are wrong breeds.
Thanks Les

Fred wrote on 12/02/2017

I don't understand how you can have 4 occurences of Scourged Whelpling since you can only have 3 occurences of a pet.

atrex wrote on 01/28/2018

That's how many times they show up in the tourney throughout all the battles. ;-)

Rawana wrote on 12/02/2017

Thank you so much for this awesome guide and planner! Perfect tool to help get the celestial pets <3

Aelfraed wrote on 08/08/2017

12 weeks 12 coins 4 pets 1 achievement. You ROCK. Thankyou.

Aranesh

wrote on 08/09/2017

Congrats! :D

Telepatra

wrote on 11/08/2017

12 coins 10 weeks ;) You get the first 3 coins all in the first week, then the remaining 9 coins are acquired one per week thereafter :)